Sewage spills can be hazardous, causing damage to health, property, and the environment. While sewage lines are supposed to move waste and water through underground plumbing, if these pipes get clogged, they could send contaminated water flooding into the building.
Most of the time, pipeline sewage backups are caused by clogs, overgrown tree roots, and sewage line damage. Our experienced plumbers in Marin County and the North Bay can help troubleshoot and repair sewer problems.
5 Tips to Prevent Sewage Spills
A residential plumbing company can help catch potential sewer line failures through regular inspection and repair. To help prevent home sewage spills, be sure to:
- Empty fats, oils, and grease into a can and toss it into the trash instead of pouring it down the sink.
- Avoid flushing feminine products, paper products, and rags down the toilet.
- Use drain covers in sinks and showers to prevent hair or solid objects from clogging the drains.
- Avoid using chemical drain cleaners. These chemicals can damage the plumbing system.
- Install a backwater prevention valve.
Our plumbing company is licensed to do backflow testing, replacements, and repairs on all residential devices. Backflow maintenance can help prevent long-term costs and damage.
Cleaning Up Sewage Spills
Sewage contains bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms that can cause serious illnesses. If there is a sewage backup, cleanup should begin right away. At Super Service Plumbing, our local Novato plumbers are available for 24/7 emergency service.
When dealing with home sewage spills:
- Keep children and pets out of contaminated areas
- Wear protective clothing
- Avoid skin contact with sewage and wash hands regularly
- Professionally clean and disinfect furniture, floors, and plumbing fixtures that have been contaminated
- Prevent mold growth by drying and disinfecting all areas.
To request service, please contact our Super Service Plumbing team at (707) 544-6444 today.
Proud to help our Sonoma County communities including:
Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Windsor, Healdsburg, Sonoma, Cloverdale, Sebastopol, Cotati and beyond.